Deciding to build your own home from the ground up can be exciting and daunting all at once. It is a huge investment, and you know it needs to be done right. Besides the contractor who will build the foundation of your house, the framing contractor that you end up hiring is perhaps the most important person who will work on your house. Framing contractors are responsible for building the structure of the house, and their work needs to be accurate, leveled, and true. The quality of their work will impact the overall quality of your home.
At Integrity Contracting we provide a comprehensive range of services, which include everything from framing to architectural design to tiling and carpentry work. Our framing package is in fact done not just by any framing contractor, but by the experienced owner of Integrity Contracting, Daniel Vaqueiro. While you can contact us for a consultation at any time, you should also know the most important questions to ask other framing contractors when you are considering them for the job.
- Are you licensed and insured? In order to protect yourself and your investment, you need to make sure that your contractor has a license to operate in your state or region. If the potential contractor is also accredited by a reputable professional organization, that should be a further sign of their expertise and reliability. Checking that their company is insured will also ensure that you will not be liable should a worker get injured on the job site.
- How long have you been in the business? Find out how much and exactly what kind of experience your potential framing contractors have. Framing is a trade that can be learned on the job, but you want to make sure that your contractor has sufficient formal training and all the necessary skills and experience.
- Can you show me similar projects that you have worked on? If they cannot, or are unwilling to provide examples of previous projects, then this is a sure sign that you should be scouting around for a more trustworthy framing contractor!
- Can you provide me with a fixed start and completion date? Having a timeline is important. Experienced framing contractors should be able to give you a decent estimate of how much time they will need to complete the work on your house.
- Will you be working on the project yourself, and/or supervising at all times? Sometimes framing contractors might use subcontractors, or have all the physical labor done by a team of workers. Will there be a reliable supervisor present at all times? Is the contractor’s team skilled and efficient? Are the subcontractors trusted colleagues of your main contractor?
- Can I get that in writing? Ask for an itemized estimate for the entire project. Cost of labor, materials and other costs all need to be accounted for. Compare the estimates you receive; a lower-than-average estimate could be a signal for cutting corners or hasty work, while discrepancies in the prices of materials are often signs of untrustworthy and unprofessional framing contractors.
Use these questions and tips to your advantage, and you will be on your way to finding a solid framing contractor that you can trust.
Contact us today for you framing contractors in Toronto
Integrity Contracting is known for quality work, honesty and professional results that increase value to our customer’s properties. We know we can provide you with answers and solutions to your projects needs; we are qualified, licensed professionals – proven & trustworthy – who always deliver projects on time and on budget. We specialize in Home Additions, Framing, Basement Underpinning, Demolition and Excavation. Visit us on Google+.