Integrity Contracting is the premier provider of construction and contracting services in the Greater Toronto Area. One of the most common issues that we tackle is advising our clients on the best ways to create more space in their homes. The following are five of the most common ways to accomplish this goal; the solution that is best for you would depend on your specific needs.
Renovating and furnishing your attic or your basement are two great options, although these spaces are better suited to some functions more than others.
- Renovating your basement: A nicely finished basement is often an ideal space for a den or a games room, and can also be transformed into an incredibly pleasant and comfortable living area. Do not worry about having to compromise on the storage space that you currently have – with a clever, economical design, you will be looking at a more organized storage area plus some welcoming new space!
- Remodeling/Furnishing your attic: Does your growing family need an extra bedroom? Or would you like a studio space to call your own? Attic rooms are relatively easy to transform into bright, warm spaces to live and work in.
What if you are looking to create a significant amount of new space, and your attic and basement are already being utilized to their maximum capacity? In this case, you should be looking at the option of home additions. The benefit of home additions is that you will be building exactly what you want, minus the confines of working within existing spaces. Home or house additions come in two general forms:
- Building out: Expanding your square footage horizontally is the first way to do it. The main drawback to this option is an obvious one – home additions of this sort cut down on your garden space. But this may not be your main concern, or perhaps the extended kitchen space that you need is simply necessary.
- Building up: Adding an extra storey onto your house is an excellent option, especially if you do not have a lot of yard space to work with. Home additions that are accomplished by building up are of course a major investment that will take some time to complete. At the same time, should you need it, this option enables you to even double the amount of space that you had previously.
And last but not least:
- Use the space that you have. You would be surprised at how much new space can be created by simple alterations to your house. Wall space is often underutilized; putting in some well-designed shelves can make a world of difference. Minor renovations that are well thought through can also open up space that you never knew existed.
Whether you are thinking about a simple change to your home, or planning complex home additions, we at Integrity Contracting are the experts that you can trust. The honest, top quality work that we do is the foundation of our thriving business.
Contact us today for your Toronto home addition questions
Integrity Contracting is known for quality work, honesty and professional results that increase value to our customer’s properties. We know we can provide you with answers and solutions to your projects needs; we are qualified, licensed professionals – proven & trustworthy – who always deliver projects on time and on budget. We specialize in Home Additions, Framing, Basement Underpinning, Demolition and Excavation. Visit us on Google+.